Only available to DecipherAg Plus or Biomass+ users
Unlocking your yield data is simple with DecipherAg.
Step 1: Prepare your yield files to upload into DecipherAg
If your header is green and you've already uploaded your yield data to MyJohnDeere, you can easily transfer across to DecipherAg:
- Option 1: Request sent to DecipherAg. Send an email from your MyJohnDeere account manager’s address to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Request MyJohnDeere data sharing” in the subject line, and we'll sort it for you.
- Option 2: Grant access in MyJohnDeere - Simply log into MyJohnDeere.com and open Operations Centre
- Go to tools in the menu
- Select Team Manager and add a partner
- Click grant access and set Locations (All Fields) to Level 3 and set all other areas (Equipment, Organisation Management, Jobs and Crops Plans) to access Level 0.
- Click Next and Finish
For all other headers, and for those not using MyJohnDeere, follow the below steps:
- If your Yield Data is on a memory stick or USB, save and copy the yield files to your computer for compressing.
- Zip together each crop type for each season for each farm.
To compress (zip) files:
- Select the files you want to zip together by holding down the Ctrl key while left clicking on each file in turn with your mouse.
- Release Ctrl and right click on one of the selected files.
- Hover over Send To, then select Compressed (zipped) folder.
- If you're using a Mac, details on zipping files can be found here
- You can zip together multiple farms, seasons, and crop.
- Each zip file cannot be bigger than 250MB.
- ISO, CNH and John Deere yield folder names must follow the naming convention of:
ISO files - in a zip file called TASKDATA
CNH files - in a zip file with any name ending in .cn1
John Deere files - in a zip file called called RCD
Step 2: Upload your yield data
- If you haven't already, contact your Account Manager to purchase Yield Data to access Yield Data functionality.
- Click on Yield icon on the left hand menu.
- Click the +Add Yield at the top right of your map.
- Select your season and your farm then click on Next
- You can either drag the zip files to the grey zone or you can click choose file(s) and browse to the directory in which the files are saved.
- If you have previously uploaded the data file - for another Farm and Season combination - you don't need to upload it again. Select Previously Processed Files at the top of the box to see the files you've already uploaded.
- Expand the Yield season and farm by clicking on >.
- Select the file that contains the Farm and Season you selected by ticking the box next to it.
- Once you've selected one or more zip files click on Process Yield to finish the upload
- The yield upload process can take minutes or hours, depending on the size of the files.
- You can check the progress of the upload by going to MyData located on the top menu, and navigate to the file by clicking on the Yield folder for the applicable season and farm. You will see the status displayed under the file name.
- Once processing has been completed, click on Yield icon on the left hand menu, then select Raw, season and crop type to view yield image on the map
Tips and tricks:
- Make sure your farm boundaries are set up in DecipherAg before uploading yield data. Read more on how to do this here.
- Raw data is stored in MyData at the top of the page. The folder is /Yield/Year/Farm
- Files from different yield monitors can be uploaded at the same time
- DecipherAg's Yield products are not available in North America.
Read more about Yield Data here
Need some more help? Just get in touch.