All Decipher users can create a sampling job and start collecting georeferenced samples using DecipherGO.
To start a new sampling job;
- Make sure you’re on a smartphone with DecipherGO installed. You can download the app from Google Play and the Apple app store.
- Open the app and tap the menu icon in the top right, then select Collect.
- Tap Plan new job.
- Select the organisation you’re sampling for (including farm) or add a new organisation by tapping New organisation.
- Select if its a Soil or a Plant sampling job, name the job and tap Select tests.
- Select the tests to be done on the samples and then select Create job.
- You’ll see the sample sites on a map. Tap a sample site start recording the samples and observations taken at the site.
- A sample site not on the map? Add the site by tapping Add site.
If you arrive at a sampling location on the Decipher map and the site doesn’t match up with the true sampling location, you can move it within the sampling job by tapping Adjust site location then dragging the map to the desired position. Tap Done to save your changes.
To collect samples;
- Tap Add sampling task at a site to start recording a sample taken at the site.
- If you’re using Decipher bags, simply fill the bag with your sample then select the scan button to scan the barcode.
- If you’re using your own sampling bags, tap the Scan button then tap the link to generate a unique code to write on them. This code helps the CSBP Plant and Soil Lab identify and process your samples when they arrive.
- To add more tasks to the sample at that location, tap the Add sampling task option, and repeat step 9 and 10 or 11.
- When finished at that site click the X top left corner and tap Send job.
To submit your sampling job;
- Tap the Send job button for all sites you’ve finished collecting samples for. Sites that have already been submitted will be marked in green with a tick.
- Review your sample submissions, then tap the Confirm billing details button.
- Select the business organisation to bill for the sample tests (this could be your own business, or that of your client)
- Select Submit to lab to send the details of your job to our partner lab.
- Post your samples to CSBP Lab, 2 Altona Street, Bibra Lake WA 6163.
Once the sample job has been completed, the information will be submitted to Decipher’s partner analysis lab, CSBP Soil and Plant Analysis Laboratory, for analysis. You will need to discuss analysis services of the sample job direct with the CSBP Soil and Plant Analysis Laboratory.
Need more help? Contact the Decipher Support Team here.