DecipherGO’s observation tool allows you to:
- Record observations at a sample site which are stored against the site in Decipher
- Take georeferenced photos of observations
- Provides ground truthing to your sample site’s charts or observations made from Decipher.
Observations are recorded in DecipherGO during the sample collection process and are used to record the sampler’s observations on:
- The soil
- The plants
Observations can be assigned to a sampler during the sampling job planning process.
To record and submit an observation;
- Make sure you’re on a smartphone or tablet with DecipherGO installed. Don’t have DecipherGO? You can download it from the Android and Apple app stores.
- Open the app and tap the menu icon in the top right-hand corner and then tap Collect.
- Tap the sampling job you are taking samples for or create a new sampling job by taping the start a new job button.
- Select a sample site from the map or from a menu by tapping list view. If you’ve been assigned a sampling job at a site the site will be highlighted with the orange observation binoculars icon.
- Tap Add observation.
- Select the category of the observation.
- State what the observation is in the summary.
- Enter a detailed description of the observation.
- Attach images/photos of the observations by tapping Add image. More than one image can be attached and you’ll be able to take photos using your device’s camera by tapping the camera icon.
- Tap done.
- Select Submit on the observation. The observation can now be viewed in Decipher in Samples.
Read more about about viewing observations here.
Need more help? Contact the Decipher Support Team here.