DecipherAg users can use DecipherAg’s seamless sampling process to plan, manage, assign sampling jobs, collect the samples, send sample information to CSBP Soil and Plant Lab, and then view the results on the map.
The raw results are available to view and export from the MyData section within the Soil samples or Plant samples tab.
To plan a new sampling job:
- Either select the Samples icon in the left menu, then click the ‘Plan a sampling job’ button in the top right of your map.
- OR select Job history from the Manage icon and click the 'Plan new job button'.
- Choose your sampling job type: soil or plant samples.
- Select which CSBP test package you require from the list. You can customise each package with add-ons if required.
- Click the Select sites button to start adding sites.
To add sites to a sampling job:
- Either select an existing site by just clicking the ‘dot’ on the map. You’ll see the site appear in the sampling panel, or add a new site.
- To add a new site to sample at, click the ‘Add new site’ button, then select a point by clicking on the map. Give your site a name and save to see it appear in the sampling panel.
- In the sample panel, click on a sample site’s name to adjust required sampling depth and tests required for your first sampling task.
To add or edit sampling site and observation tasks:
- To add additional tasks for a sample site, click the site name in the sampling panel and select either Add sample task or Add observation task.
- If you’re adding a sample task, remember to adjust the drop-downs to the required depths and select the tests you require.
- To delete a sample site or task just click or tap the trashcan icon.
To assign your sampling job to yourself or someone else eg a sampler:
- Select ‘Send job’ in the bottom of the sampling panel.
- Give your sampling job a name. Remember to make your name as descriptive as possible so you can easily search for your sampling results in future.
- Assign your job, either to an existing contact in your list, a new contact you create or to your email address if you’ll be completing the job yourself.
- Once you’ve assigned your job, the contact taking the samples will receive an email notifying them it’s ready for collection using DecipherAg Mobile.
Read more about collecting planned samples with DecipherAg Mobile.
Need some more help? Just get in touch.